Pangot, a quaint village at 6,300 feet above sea level is a small village set amidst an Oak and Rhododendron Forest only 15 kilometers from Nainital. The drive takes only 20 minutes to get there. The entire drive is through the forested area of Cheena Peak Range via Snow View Point and Kilbury the main habitats for excellent birding.
One can see a variety of Himalayan species along the way such as lammergeyer, Himalayan griffon, blue-winged minla, spotted & slaty-backed forktail, Rufus-bellied woodpecker, rufous-bellied niltava, khalij pheasant, variety of thrushes etc. Almost 150 bird species have been recorded at Pangot and surrounding areas. The numerous perennial & seasonal creeks are home to an amazing variety of flora and fauna including the leopard, yellow-throated Himalayan martins, Himalayan palm civet, ghoral, barking deer, sambhar etc.D24
•Jackets/Sweater - Night and mornings are cold. The weather is highly unpredictable. Therefore, carrying a light jacket or a sweater is recommended.
• Cap/Hat - A cap or a hat to cover the head and face against the direct sunlight during peak hours.
• Sun screen lotion/sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes for trekking purposes.
• Water bottle - 1 Litre watter bottle is sufficient as fresh water is easily accessible in the place.
Flashlight with extra batteries.
• For safety purposes, do pay heed to the guidelines given by the instructors
• Plastics (like chocolate wrappers, water bottles, beverages bottle, poly-ethane covers, etc.,) should be carried back to Urban jungle
• Kindly do not litter and scatter plastics and bottles on the Roads. Please Carry the trash and dump at your place of stay
Take care of your belongings-mobiles, wallets, cameras.
• If cancellations are made 15 days before the start date of the trip, no cancellation fees will be applicable.
• If cancellations are made within 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 10% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made within 3-6 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made within 0-2 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
Refund Policy- the applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
• The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
• In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
• Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
Be a first to Review
We are driven by our mission to get more people outside. We believe that connecting with nature is essential to have a happy and healthy life.